Please welcome me back, please? ㅋㅋ Also it’s my 24th (26th in Korea) birthday today!!!
Anyway, I opened this account since I’m in the process of…
DISCLAIMER before my DISCLAIMER: I usually post this kind of disclaimer lol.
DISCLAIMER: If I’m blurbing too much about stuff, skip until you see the headings in Bold.
I’m in the process of late night (or morning) studying since it’s already 7:57 AM now, and I’ve been reading since last night. I’m studying Korean formally again, FYI 여러분, and our current lesson is already at lesson 10 out of 15 in my Intermediate 1 / 3급 (from our book’s format WHICH I haven’t reviewed yet, and previously promised that I will review soon), which means that there would be a long exam with the scope from the first lesson up to present. There are long exams after every 5 lessons.
As expected from myself, I procrastinate a lot. In a good way though, or not. I study about something, and then skip and study something else up till I reach subjects that are totally unrelated to what I was originally studying anymore. So then I found a very amazing Korean textbook PDF resource online WHICH WAS TOTALLY MINDBLOWING, and I will probably share it soon. I actually read the book WHICH AGAIN, WAS A TEXTBOOK from the first pages up to about 130 pages, lol. I wouldn’t even read that much even if a novel is a quick read.
And then again… I looked for stuff regarding Korean pronunciation since it’s still bothering me a bit, when my book review for [TEXTBOOK] 외국인을 위한 한국어 발음 47 | 47 Korean Pronunciation for Foreigners Book 1 appeared on Google. Very nice job to me, lol. It’s been a long while since I’ve been here and my last post which was supposed to be a promise to recount my stories in Korea has long been overdue. I’ve been there last March and it’s already November so I probably have to work on that soon.
Unemployment and Intermediate 1
I left my second job after working there for 2 years and 4 months, and I’ve talked about that job during my Just A Brief Comeback v2.0 post, which is extremely funny to me right now as this is going to be another comeback post. The theme here in my blog is recurring. I would comeback and post about studying Intermediate again and again, and it has been tiring, to me as well. The thought of repeating Intermediate 1 again and again, that is. Not that I’m over it, but it’s more of like ‘지치다’? 아니면 ‘귀찮다’?. It seems like I’m a very unstable person with a lot of ups and downs when it comes to motivation and what I really want to do in life.
So then after three years (I was studying the exact same thing, same period three years ago), I enrolled for Intermediate 1 for the third time. Second time was cancelled since the class didn’t reach the minimum number of students. Up till now this is a hard class to get since it’s not offered three times a year unlike Basic, and Elementary 1 and 2 and the number of eligible students who passed from lower levels should be sufficient first for our cultural center to be able to offer this class. Just in time though, Intermediate 2 was offered for the first time during the previous term. Only 1 student passed and it was my friend, lol. So that means I would be able to study Intermediate 2 soon if I pass now and if the class will be offered again.
Also, one of my classmates asked me if I’m the owner of this blog so I’m deeply moved, lol. I’ve really done a good job in that sense.
Improvements in the Language
My study habits from three years ago up till now never changed. The habit itself I mean, but not that I’ve studied continuously for the past three years. I’m talking more about the process and the methods. My colored pens from three years ago is still alive and I’m still using my color-coding approach when taking notes, which can be found here: No Classes | 수업 없는 주. Hangul typing skills are, if not close, tad better now. Reading, quite fast. 알아듣기는, TONS BETTER!!! I’ve stuck with the same teacher for three consecutive classes now and knowing the pace of her speaking and teaching, I am proud to say that I can understand about 90% of what she’s saying now compared before when I would just nod to anything she would talk about. As for writing, I’m still struggling sometimes. I’m at this stage where I can actually express myself a lot in writing but I avoid using words that are not yet taught just because nuances can still differ and I don’t actually want to appear to be too much of a ‘know-it-all’ so I keep my vocabulary and grammar patterns at bay. So in that sense, I still feel limited.
As for speaking, I would probably have to discuss this on my trip to Korea post, soon.
What I am up to currently… and what my current plans are
Bullet form, shall we? This is for my reference as well on what to do with this blog since I’m at the peak of studying again.
- I have no plans to return to Korea as of yet since I’m jobless. I would have to start with my Korea Trip post first before that, right?
- I started watching 언니들의 슬램덩크 just because I love 라미란 so much from when I watched 응답하라1988, also the song Shut Up where she appears as a member of the girl group 언니쓰. I found myself not relying on the subs too much anymore which is totally a good thing. That thought shocked me as well.
- Also, I’ve rewatched [DRAMA] 화이트 크리스마스 | White Christmas (KBS2 | 2011) for the third time and I have to say it’s still one of the best dramas I have watched (excluding the last episode which was so full of loopholes and seemed forced). Wow, too many old blog post links in this one lol.
- I plan to look for a job next year since working at this period is much of a waste. It’s going to be Christmas soon and I don’t want to miss any holidays.
- I have to review 재미있는 한국어 3 which is loooooong overdue. Also *too ashamed about this* but I haven’t reviewed, or even thoroughly checked the contents of the book I have received from twoChois during the twoChois Lucky Draw!. They were very nice to send me a copy of a good book and here I am being so ungrateful. Sorry :(( I will make it up to you and make a very good and detailed review soon.
- I still have to write two 500자 essay about Dating and Marriage *whut???* and Gifts, both part of the 재미있는 한국어 3 practical topics.
- I recently passed 1000 followers on Sing! Smule application where I sing Korean songs about 99% of the time. Joined there for years now but I only used it from last April of this year just after I got back from Korea and it’s also one of my unorthodoxed approch in learning the language. I will go to this in detail soon, as well.
From when I was active back then, I realized that there are soooo many changes in WordPress I can’t seem to keep up anymore. Not just in WordPress but in the way blogs are written or presented or whatnot? Don’t know if it’s just me but I would have to catch up soon, you think?
As always, thank you so much for reading. Suggestions for content are very very much welcome. Help me revive my blog ㅎㅎ.